Now a days Various State Government’s of India are running various Scholarship programs to encourage Premetric and Postmetric educations in their states for the welfare of students to provide financial assistance to the students to encourage education in their states. UP Government does provide two types of UP Scholarship namely Pre and Post metric Scholarship to the students studying in Schools from Class 1 to 10th and 11th, 12th class and to the students pursuing Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.
To apply for the UP Scholarship 2017-18 you need to fill the Scholarship form online on the official website www.scholarship.up.nic.in, The full process to fill the form is given below. The candidates are requested to fill the form correctly, In the case of mismatch or error, Your form will be rejected. Candidates from class 1 to 8 needs to apply offline for the scholarship.
As per the official website for the session 2016-17, Uttar Pradesh Government has disbursed the final scholarship to a total number of 45,74,772 students belonging from 58,176 School and Colleges.
UP Scholarship is administered and distributed by the UP Government with the help of various Institutions located in the state or Outside the state in some cases. The process to fill the Online Scholarship UP form starts from the month of July every year, Apart from filling the online form you can check your scholarship status online with student name list.
UP Scholarship session 2016-17 at a glance-
|Scholarship 2016-17||Total No. of Colleges||Total Registrant||Form Filled||Final Submission of Form||Forwarded||Distributed|
|PreMatrics (Class 9 and 10th)||30403||2719857||1661937||1460911||1256042||1073442|
|PostMatric (Class 11th and 12th)||16510||2478001||1805368||1590074||1380770||1176658|
- 1 List of UP Scholarship 2017-18
- 2 Pre Matric Scholarship 2017-18 Details-
- 3 Post Matric UP Scholarship 2017-18 Details-
- 4 UPTU Scholarship 2017-18 (For Uttar Pradesh Technical University)
- 5 UP NTSE Scholarship (National Talent Search Exam)
- 6 UP STSE Scholarship
- 7 UP Scholarship Important Dates-
List of UP Scholarship 2017-18
Following is the list of Scholarship UP which can be filled by the respective candidates falling in that category
– List of UP Scholarship Provided by Uttar Pradesh Government
- Pre Matric Scholarship (From Class 1 to 10)
- Post Matric Scholarship (Class 11th and 12th)
- UPTU Scholarship (Uttar Pradesh Technical University)
- UP NTSE Scholarship (National Talent Search Examination)
- UP RMO Scholarship
- UP STSE Scholarship
Documents Required: –
Fresh Candidates Make sure that you have all the latest documents listed below before proceeding further
- Last Qualifying exam Mark Sheet
- Cast Certificate
- Yearly Income Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- Fee Receipt Number
- Enrollment Number
- Annual Non Refundable Amount
- Aadhar Card Number
- Latest Passport size scan photo
Pre Matric Scholarship 2017-18 Details-
The Pre Matric UP Scholarship is for students studying in class 1st to 10th in any Government and Private school recognized by State or Central government.
UP Govt. has decided some income restriction according to the different category which needs to be checked before applying for the Scholarship, It’s mandatory to submit a copy of Income certificate at the time of submitting the printout of form at School/College
Category wise Annual Income limit is given below-
|Candidate Category||Parental Annual Income|
|General||Rs. 19,884 for Rural & Rs. 25,546 for Urban|
Pre Matric Scholarship UP Class wise-
Scholarship Amount will be deposited directly into beneficiary bank account of the qualified candidates, Check the Scholarship rate of candidates falling in different slab
|Class||Scholarship for the year 2017-18|
|1st to 5th||Rs. 300|
|6th to 8th||Rs. 480|
|9th to 10th||Rs. 720|
- The scholarship form of students studying in class 1st to 8th will be filled by the schools offline, Candidates studying in class 9th and 10th need to fill the Scholarship UP form online on the official website.
- For Scholarship Renewal, Use your registeration number on the official website.
Post Matric UP Scholarship 2017-18 Details-
Post Matric Scholarship is a scholarship given for post-matriculation studies, Students studying in class 11th and 12th and students taking education in colleges need to apply online in Post Matric UP Scholarship program. This scholarship is given to the poor students of the society so that their expenses related to fundamental studies can be fulfilled so that they can study well and take the country forward.
Institutes Located outside of Uttar Pradesh can also receive Scholarship under this program
Eligibility: – Read the Eligibility criteria which are set by UP Government
- Eligible Courses- Government of UP has already specified a list of courses the students of which are eligible to apply for PostMatric UP Scholarship 2017-18.
- Only students of those institutes can apply for this scholarship which is registered with Scholarship Online Data base. To Register the College/ Institutes need to apply for the same in written format.
- The Maximum annual income of all the Category should not be more than Rs. 2,00,000/year.
Post Matric Scholarship UP Group wise: – In PreMatric scholarship, The rate of scholarship depends on the category from which candidates are belonging on the other hand in PostMatric Scholarship the rate of Scholarship Depends on their status ie whether they are Day Scholars or Hostlers.
Process to apply for PostMatric Scholarship Online: – The candidates are supposed to apply online on the official website schoarship.up.nic.in before the last date to be eligible to get the Scholarship. The link to fill the form online and the process are given below with Important dates.
Follow the below steps to fill the online form-
- Visit the official Scholarship UP website and register your self according to your class and proceed to fill the online form.
- After filling the online form, Take the printout of the submitted form and submit it at your respective School/ College with all the required documents.
- Check your UP Scholarship status online on the official website according to your District/ City from here Click Here
- You can Also check your Scholarship UP with student name list.
UPTU Scholarship 2017-18 (For Uttar Pradesh Technical University)
UPTU Scholarship is the scholarship which can only be filled by the Students of UPTU or their affiliated colleges. It’s is different from Pre and PostMatric scholarship of the UP Government. The UPTU Scholarship is introduced with a vision to provide financial assistance to those talented students who are unable to pay the UPTU fee. There are few different types of UPTU Scholarship which we are going to cover in a different article.
UP NTSE Scholarship (National Talent Search Exam)
National Talent Search Exam is a National Level Scholarship Program in India which is conducted with a motive to Identify highly Intelligent and academic talent in India. The UP NTSE Scholarship is divided into two parts, Part 1 and Part 2, Candidates qualified in part 1 only participate in Part 2 exams which will be held in May 2018 by NCERT.
The Candidates are supposed to fill the online form to participate in the Stage 1 examination. After the declaration of Stage 1 result in February/ March 2018, Candidates who will qualify the stage 1 can participate in stage 2 exam.
UP STSE Scholarship
This scholarship can only be filled by 12th Passed students. This Scholarship is conducted by the Council of Science and Technology with a vision to motivate talented students to pursue their career in Science and Technology.
In order to participate in this scholarship, students have to take part in a competitive exam and those who get the best place in that competition are given a prize of Rs. 1 lakh.
UP Scholarship Important Dates-
Check the Important dates and process accordingly-
|Event||Pre Matric (Class 9th and 10th)||Post Matric (Class 11 and 12)||Post Matric (All courses except 11th-12th)|
|Application Begin||1st July 2017||1st July 2017||1st July 2017|
|Last Date for Online Application||28th September 2017||28th September 2017||1st November 2017|
|Last Date to submit the Printout to Institution||4th October 2017||4th October 2017||7th November 2017|